Alsuma Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Use Alsuma?You should not use Alsuma if you:
- Are allergic to it, sumatriptan, or any of the inactive components used to make the medicine. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a history of angina, including stable angina, unstable angina, or variant angina (Prinzmetal's angina).
- Have peripheral vascular disease, including ischemic bowel disease.
- Have hemiplegic or basilar migraines (rare types of migraines involving loss of feeling on one half of the body or pain at the back of the head).
- Have taken ergot medications within the past 24 hours. Ergot medications include:
- Have taken another triptan medication similar to Alsuma within the past 24 hours. Other triptans include: