Amerge Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Amerge?
You should not take Amerge if you:
- Are allergic to Amerge, naratriptan hydrochloride, or any of the inactive components used to make Amerge. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients used to make Amerge.
- Have a history of angina, including stable angina, unstable angina, or variant angina (Prinzmetal's angina).
- Have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or other similar arrhythmias.
- Have a history of heart disease, a heart attack, a stroke, TIA, or ischemic bowel disease.
- Have peripheral vascular disease.
- Have untreated high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Have hemiplegic or basilar migraines (rare types of migraines involving loss of feeling on one half of the body or pain at the back of the head).
- Have severe kidney or liver problems.
- Have taken ergot medications within the past 24 hours. Ergot medications include:
- Have taken another triptan medication similar to Amerge, within the past 24 hours. Other triptans include: