Cambia Warnings and Precautions
A few of the conditions that you should let your healthcare provider know about before taking Cambia include high blood pressure, asthma, and bleeding problems. In some of these cases, Cambia can worsen these conditions. Some other warnings and precautions with Cambia involve potential drug interactions, the risk of a heart attack or stroke, and the safety of taking the medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Cambia?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Cambia™ (diclofenac potassium) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems (or are taking a blood-thinning medication)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of these problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have recently had heart surgery.
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.