General Information on Dosing With Delayed Release Valproic Acid
Some considerations for people taking this medication include the following:
- Delayed release valproic acid comes in soft gel capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth one, two, or three times a day.
- You can take delayed release valproic acid with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the capsules whole. Do not dissolve, crush, or chew the capsules.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or the dosing of this drug in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.