There is only one dose of Frova that adults should take once a migraine starts -- Frova 2.5 mg. Frova is not meant to be taken on a daily basis and you should not take more than three doses of Frova in a 24-hour period. Your healthcare provider may recommend taking a second dose of Frova if the first dose does not work. However, you must wait at least two hours after the first Frova dose to take a second dose.
An Overview of Frova Dosage InformationThere is only one dose of Frova® (frovatriptan succinate) for adults with migraine headaches, regardless of age or weight -- Frova 2.5 mg, which is taken once a migraine starts.
- Frova is not meant to be taken on a daily basis. Take Frova only when you have a migraine.
- Frova should be taken as soon as possible once a migraine starts.
- Swallow Frova tablets whole with a drink of water or other fluids.
- If instructed to do so by your healthcare provider, you may take a second dose of Frova if your migraine does not go away after the first dose. However, you must wait at least two hours after the first dose before taking a second dose of Frova.
- Do not take more than three doses of Frova in a 24-hour period.
- Your Frova dosage can be taken with or without food.
- For Frova to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Frova will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribed it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Frova or your Frova dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.