An Overview of Frovatriptan Dosing Information
There is only one dose of frovatriptan
) for adults with migraine headaches
, regardless of age or weight -- frovatriptan 2.5 mg, which is taken once a migraine
General Frovatriptan Dosing Information
Patients taking this drug should keep the following dosing information in mind:
- Frovatriptan is not meant to be taken on a daily basis. Take frovatriptan only when you have a migraine.
- Frovatriptan should be taken as soon as possible once a migraine starts.
- Swallow frovatriptan tablets whole with a drink of water or other fluids.
- If your healthcare provider instructs you to do so, you may take a second dose of frovatriptan if your migraine does not go away after the first dose. However, you must wait at least two hours after the first dose before taking a second dose of frovatriptan.
- Do not take more than three doses of frovatriptan in a 24-hour period.
- Your frovatriptan dosage can be taken with or without food.
- For frovatriptan to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Frovatriptan will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribed it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to frovatriptan or your frovatriptan dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.