Precautions and Warnings With Frovatriptan
There are several precautions and warnings with frovatriptan to be aware of, including potential drug interactions, the risk of a heart attack, and possible spasms of the blood vessels. Therefore, be sure to talk to your healthcare provider if you have any medical conditions such as high blood pressure, any heart problems, or certain blood vessel conditions. There are several situations where it is not recommended to take frovatriptan, such as if you have untreated high blood pressure or a history of heart disease or angina.
Interested in a Discount on Frovatriptan?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Prior to taking frovatriptan succinate (Frova®), you should tell your healthcare provider if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, especially a history of heart disease, angina, an irregular heart rhythm, or a heart attack
- A history of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"), or other bleeding in the brain (such as a subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Certain blood vessel conditions, such as peripheral vascular disease, ischemic bowel disease, or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Gone through menopause
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a family history of heart disease.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.