Inderal LA and Weight Gain
Inderal LA and Weight Gain: SuggestionsIf you are noticing a gradual weight gain while taking Inderal LA, there are some things that you can do to take the weight off. Some suggestions include:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet, including:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Few foods with saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars
- Participate in regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week
Limit your intake of alcohol.
Also, if you are noticing a weight gain with Inderal LA, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with this problem. If the weight gain continues, your healthcare provider may recommend other lifestyle choices or possibly switch you to another medicine.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)