Inderal LA Dosage
Inderal LA Dosage for MigrainesFor migraine prevention, the starting dose is Inderal LA 80 mg once a day. Based on the migraine response and/or side effects, your healthcare provider may increase or decrease the amount.
An improvement in the number of migraines should be noticed within four to six weeks. If it is not, your healthcare provider may have you slowly stop Inderal LA over several weeks and then switch you to another migraine medication.
Dose of Inderal LA for Hypertrophic Subaortic StenosisThe usual dose to treat hypertrophic subaortic stenosis is somewhere between 80 mg and 160 mg once a day. The actual Inderal LA dosage will be based on your response to the medicine and/or side effects.
General Information on Dosing With Inderal LASome considerations for people taking Inderal LA include the following:
- Your dose of Inderal LA should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Inderal LA may be taken with or without food.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the capsules.
- Make sure to take the medication at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- If you do not take your Inderal LA as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- You should not stop taking Inderal LA without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping the drug abruptly may increase the risk of serious side effects (see Inderal LA Warnings and Precautions).
- If you are unsure about anything related to Inderal LA dosing, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.