It is not known exactly what to expect from a lavender overdose or whether an overdose is even possible. Drowsiness and a temporary hormonal imbalance are possible symptoms of an overdose, as lavender may have sedative and estrogen-like effects. Treatment for a lavender overdose may include taking certain medications, having your stomach "pumped," and supportive care.
Lavender is a flowering plant used as a flavoring agent (in foods and beverages), as an aromatherapy oil, and as a scent agent (in various products, such as cosmetics). It is also taken by mouth as an herbal remedy. It is not known exactly what to expect with a lavender overdose, although the effects of an overdose will likely vary, depending on the lavender dosage as well as other factors. For example, how it was taken (by mouth or applied to the skin) can influence which symptoms will develop.
If you happen to overdose on lavender, seek medical attention immediately.
It is not known exactly what to expect from a lavender overdose (or even if a lavender overdose is possible). It is thought that drowsiness may be possible, since lavender may have a slight sedative effect. Also, a temporary hormone imbalance could occur, as lavender may have estrogen-like effects.
It is not known how to best treat a lavender overdose. If the overdose was recent (and if lavender was taken by mouth), your healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment (if necessary) will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on lavender.