Headache Home > Side Effects of Triptans
Common side effects of triptans include warm or cold sensations, dry mouth, and dizziness. Triptan side effects are generally mild and easy to treat, but in some cases, they may be more serious. Some of these more serious side effects include severe chest pain, bloody diarrhea, changes in vision, or shortness of breath.
- The dosage and type of triptan
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medicines being taken at the same time.
- Dry mouth
- Abnormal sensations, such as tingling, burning, or pricking (paresthesia)
- Throat or neck symptoms
- Warm or cold sensations
- Feelings of heaviness, pressure, or tightness (especially in the throat, chest, or neck)
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially of the face).