Drug InteractionsMaxalt can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Maxalt Drug Interactions for more information).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Maxalt?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, especially:
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Ischemic bowel disease
- Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Maxalt and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Have gone through menopause.
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Maxalt Warnings and Precautions for more information, including information on who should not take the drug.)