Sumavel Side Effects
Sumavel Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with Sumavel are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Severe chest pain or tightness (see Sumavel and Heart Problems)
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden, severe abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Bloody diarrhea
- Changes in vision, including loss of vision
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained skin rashes
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Unexplained swelling.
Taking Sumavel with certain antidepressants or other serotonergic medications can increase your risk of a group of dangerous symptoms called serotonin syndrome (see Sumavel Drug Interactions for more information). Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you have the following signs of serotonin syndrome:
- Seeing or hearing things that are not really there (hallucinations)
- Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Muscle spasms
- Difficulty walking
You may experience some or none of the Sumavel side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Sumavel, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.