The recommended Treximet dosage for treating migraine headaches is one tablet, taken as soon as possible once a migraine starts. You should not take another dose within two hours of the first, and you should not exceed two tablets in 24 hours. Since the naproxen component of the medicine can be irritating to the stomach, you may want to take your Treximet dose with food.
There is only one standard recommended dose for Treximet™ (sumatriptan/naproxen sodium). As always, do not adjust your Treximet dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended Treximet dose for treating a migraine is one tablet (85 mg of sumatriptan and 500 mg of naproxen sodium). Using a second dose if the first does not work adequately has not been studied. Do not take a second dose within two hours of the first. Do not take more than two tablets in 24 hours.
Some considerations for people using Treximet include the following:
- Treximet comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth as soon as possible once a migraine starts.
- Swallow Treximet tablets whole with a drink of water or other fluids.
- Treximet can be taken with or without food. Because one of the components of Treximet (naproxen sodium) can be irritating to the stomach, it may be a good idea to take Treximet with a little food (although this may not be possible due to nausea from the migraine).
- Do not take two doses of Treximet within two hours of each other.
- For Treximet to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Treximet dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.