Interested in a Discount on Triptans?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
People who take too much of a triptan may have overdose symptoms that could include but are not limited to:
- Not being able to move or feel (paralysis)
- Swelling in the arms or legs
- Wide or dilated pupils
- Increased saliva and watery eyes
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Neck tension
- Loss of coordination
- Heart problems.
If you happen to overdose on triptans, seek immediate medical attention.
Seven triptans are currently available.
- Almotriptan (Axert®) -- available as tablets
- Eletriptan (Relpax®) -- available as tablets
- Frovatriptan (Frova®) -- available as tablets
- Naratriptan (Amerge®) -- available as tablets
- Rizatriptan (Maxalt®) -- available as tablets and orally disintegrating tablets
- Sumatriptan (Alsuma™, Imitrex®, Sumavel® DosePro®, Zecuity™) -- available as tablets (Imitrex), nasal spray (Imitrex), injection (Alsuma, Imitrex, and Sumavel), or skin patch (Zecuity)
- Zolmitriptan (Zomig®) -- available as tablets, nasal spray, and orally disintegrating tablets
- Sumatriptan/naproxen sodium (Treximet™) -- available as tablets.