Zecuity Warnings and Precautions
If you are going to use Zecuity patches for migraine treatment, it is important to know that this medication can cause problems, such as potentially serious skin reactions, heart-related problems, and dangerously high blood pressure. Other safety precautions with Zecuity involve warnings about using this drug if you have certain allergies or while pregnant or breastfeeding.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Zecuity™ (sumatriptan transdermal) if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, a history of heart problems, or a family history of heart problems
- An abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (a rare heart condition)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Had a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke)
- Problems with your blood vessels, including peripheral vascular disease or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Epilepsy or have ever had a seizure
- Had a specific type of migraine known as basilar or hemiplegic migraines
- A sensitivity to electronic devices or if you have had any side effect from using a medical electronic device
- Another electrically active mechanical device implanted in or on your body, such as an insulin pump or cardiac pacemaker
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
In addition, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are over the age of 40 (for men)
- Have gone through menopause (for women)
- Are overweight
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.