Dosing for Zomig Nasal Spray
Each Zomig Nasal Spray device contains only one dose of Zomig. Spray the dose into one nostril while pressing on the other side of your nose, tilting your head back slightly and breathing in gently through your nose. You do not need to inhale the spray into your lungs; it will be absorbed into your bloodstream through your nose and throat. After the spray, keep your head back and breathe gently through your mouth for about five seconds.
- Zomig is not meant to be taken on a daily basis. Take Zomig only when you have a migraine.
- Zomig should be taken as soon as possible once a migraine starts.
- If your healthcare provider instructs you to do so, you may take a second dose of Zomig if your migraine did not go away after the first dose. However, you must wait at least two hours after the first dose before taking a second dose of Zomig.
- People with liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis, should use a low dose of Zomig and should have their blood pressure monitored after taking Zomig.
- Do not take more than 10 mg of Zomig in a 24-hour period.
- Your Zomig dosage can be taken with or without food.
- For Zomig to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Zomig will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribed it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Zomig or your Zomig dosing, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.