Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When side effects occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
Some of the most common side effects of this drug include:
- Unusual taste (for Zomig Nasal Spray)
- Abnormal sensations such as tingling, burning, or pricking (paresthesia)
- Neck pain, jaw pain, or throat pain (or tightness or pressure)
(Click Zomig Side Effects to learn more about the specific side effects of this medication, including serious side effects to look out for. You can also read about other possible side effects by going to:
(Click Zomig Drug Interactions for more information.)
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, especially a history of heart disease, angina, an irregular heart rhythm (including Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome), or a history of a heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Certain blood vessel conditions, such as peripheral vascular disease, ischemic bowel disease, or Raynaud's phenomenon
- A history of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"), or other bleeding in the brain (such as a subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zomig and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Have gone through menopause.
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Zomig Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this drug.)